Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ramblings, A Rake, and other Randomness

I adore the slight chill in the air today.

I despise how lazy I'm feeling at this exact moment.

I'm looking for inspiration.

I'm hiding from reality.

I feel like rambling, don't try to stop me!

Damn I'm Tired. Nope, not just from the exhausting work week, but from my saturday morning! All because I "Manned" a rake for a tiny bit . I don't think I've touched one of those things since I was wee little tyke. I was never much for yard work, and now I live in the city, so what the heck was I doing with a rake?
Well today was 'annual rake day' at the dog run.
A time to re-distribute all of the pebbles in the park. As nature takes it's toll, the pebbles seem to bunch up in corners leaving huge patches of dirty ground in all the popular play areas, and mounds of pebble piles along the fringes. This makes for dogs exiting the run oh so dirty, and if it rains... yeah MUD CENTRAL! When the pebbles are levelled felicitously, all is right in the world! Or as right as they could possibly be in the crazy little world that is the dog run! So all the regulars took turns doing a little raking... even me. I made an attempt at the "i'm jewish, we don't know from raking excuse" Didn't go over too well! Then, the jewish guilt kicked in, and I pitched in. I think my help may have actually done more harm than good, but hey I tried! Don't I deserve an "A" for effort? Maybe a gold star?
Now I flit to other randomness... I can't get enough of Annie Lennox lately.
I've always enjoyed her, but now I think I'm obsessed. She's an artist seed heavily planted on many of my pandora channels, and while feeding my pandora fixation, I've been overdosing on Annie! Seriously, could she be any more talented?! Her voice gives me chills, her lyrics give me pause. Old tunes, new songs, Eurythmics hits... doesn't matter... I dig it all. She's simply amazing.
thanks for stopping by-
lg

3 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

It's always a bit daunting to face up to our weakenesses, isn't it? The three hour hike we went on last week that had me laid up for three days was a bit shaming.

Better to focus on the realization that at least we have taken action. Stepped outside the old comfort zone.

And oh my...Annie Lennox. Such a powerful, haunting voice.

Anonymous said...

Oh leeeee...I wish I had a photo of you raking. I don't know why but I think it would make me smile for some reason. :)

Fall is beautiful....

Anonymous said...

*ahem*

How are you?

Hope all is well? Haven't seen you online lately....