Monday, September 29, 2008

the me i was meant to be

I am so stupendously, and conclusively sick of my subterfuge!










At this exact moment I have such disdain toward myself for creating a ridiculous disparateness of a life.















I know I am speaking in such vague terms, but that's the best I can do right now. I'm dealing with a personal plague. So hard to expand. So difficult to explain. I do know what I need to do. I actually took an important step, albeit ever so teensy, but still a step. Even the slightest movement towards self improvement is progress right?

The jewish high holy days start tonight. I am certainly not the most religious person, and have recently been conflicted with a legion of issues about religion in general. That being said, I still plan to use this time for personal reflection, and try really hard to focus on the things that can make me a truer version of me. I don't know who I really am, but for the first time in a long time I think I may be closer to being him.

L'shana Tova.
lg

3 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

How well I can relate to identity crisis. To wanting to strip away who I've chosen to be and find out who I actually am...who I have the potential to be if I'm able to humble myself enough to be content with reality. Letting go of our facades is no easy (or quick) thing. Be gentle with yourself.

Anonymous said...

"Even the slightest movement towards self improvement is progress right?"

Thats what they tell us.


HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I didn't realize you had a post I missed!

Well my friend...I hope you can take the steps closer to finding yourself. I think we're all on the journey - some more than others. I know the you that you are trying to find is in there and if you look deep enough you will find him. Let him emerge.

I am trying to find myself as well. What do I want out of life? When I discover one thing i want in my life - I sometimes have to force myself to be honest and find a way to break out and be the person or do the things I want.

We need to get you broken out of the walls that you may hide behind and find your identity. :) Love you!